Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nfu-Oh 51 (Rainbow in a Bottle Flakie)

I am going to say in advance that this was before my new camera, so I will one day redo these swatches, but this polish is too awesome not be on my blog right now!


More pictures after the jump!

This is THE Nfu-Oh to own.  It is the one I think of when I think of Nfu-Oh, a Korean brand selling gorgeous polish out of the site Fabulous Street.  The bottles are super cute, with the brush top being the corset and the bottle being the dress skirt.  So cute!  My boyfriend calls them "the boobie bottles" or something like that.








Nfu-Oh (pronounced "en-eff-you-oh" just as it is written) 51 is the supposed "Rainbow in a Bottle".  It has flakies shifting from copper to red and orange in a purple and blue base.  You get the warm flakies with the cool base.  I originally wore this over black, and I was so saddened that I didn't get the rainbow look.  Wearing it over black only brings out the warm colored flakies - the colored base gets overrun by the black undies.  I then tried it over purple, I can't remember what, but a royal purple color, and it was BAM! Rainbow!  I was so excited!  These pictures are not that great, but they were from my old camera, and I will hopefully re-swatch it sometime in the future.  I don't even remember how many coats, but I am sure it was one coat or 1.5 coats because the flakie density is great, you don't need to do multiple coats to get full coverage flakie goodness.  The base is a sheer jelly, and I have seen swatches where they did 3 or 4 coats to build to opacity.  I just had an idea to do this over Cult Nails Flushed, which is a purple base with reddish warm glitters in it (dupe for Clarins 230 and Max Factor Fantasy Fire).  Putting it over Flushed would give it super glitter depth and hopefully make it more rainbow-y.

The little one!  How cute and tired she is!


No comments:

Post a Comment