Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jindie Nails BeTrixed over Illamasqua Nomad

I love Jindie Nails!  They were my lemming fix when I first discovered how much I wanted Floam and how I just couldn't get it.  Floam by Nail-Venturous was the polish that started this whole addiction.  I saw it on the first blog I ever read about nail polish, Goose's Glitter Nails, and then I started to try and find it.  Nail-Venturous doesn't make nail polish anymore since the craze of Floam (it would've stressed me out too!), instead Ninja Polish makes and sells it on her behalf.  Pinkerbell is also another one of her creations that I love more than Floam, the colors are fantastic together.


More pictures after the jump!

All this talk about Floam is really just about matte glitters.  Jindie Nails is the princess of matte glitter, second only to Nail-Venturous by Ninja Polish, the queens of matte glitters.  They have all sorts of combinations, and I actually had to stop buying them because there were too many that I already had and hadn't even used yet!  I was so obsessed with finding Floam and Pinkerbell and matte glitter, I had to take stock of the amazing glitters I already had.  There are a few other brands that have matte glitter polishes, too, but Jindie has the most creative and interesting ones in my opinion.



This is 2 coats of BeTrixed (after the Trix cereal) over 2 coats of Illamasqua Nomad.  I like pairing the matte glitters with similarly colored undies to give it a "full coverage glitter" look without having to do 4 coats.  It is also easier to get a clean edge near your cuticles this way as you avoid smearing glitter on your cuticles, which is much harder to clean off than regular polish.  What I now wonder is - have the mainstream companies like Zoya and OPI noticed the Floam craze and tried their hand at textured, non sparkling glitter, bringing about Liquid Sand and PixieDust collections?  Is that where the new textured polishes came from?  I wonder....



Jindie polishes are very easy to work with.  Nice amount of glitter density per brush stroke and no fishing required.  BeTrixed does have those larger pink and black glitters, and I did push them around a bit on the nail in order to make sure they didn't all clump together in one spot.  This is typical of glitters when there are additional types of glitter in the mix that are of lesser importance and therefore are more sparse than the main glitter.  I still did not have to fish for these larger pink and black glitter pieces, just had to push and dab them on the nail to get an even spread.

I also love jazzing up a plain color the next day or later in the week by adding a glitter topper.  It extends the life of the manicure and cuts down time when you want to wear a specific glitter as you already have the undies put on and ready to go.

So do you think it looks like cereal?

Puppy time!
This is Kairi at 6 weeks old, the day we picked her up.  I love these two pictures because she was fast asleep and then all of a sudden turned her head super fast!  So funny looking!



1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE THAT! it's like floam had a one night stand and this is their love child. Super cute! In other news, i have nominated you for the versatile blogger award! NOT SPAM! please see my blog post here for more info http://mavoreenslacquerobsession.blogspot.com/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award-and-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete