Sunday, April 28, 2013

Zoya PixieDust Nyx

Nyx, what kind of name is that?  Seriously, you have a Nyx but not my name?  C'mon Zoya!  Whatevs you're still my fave mainstream brand and you have rad sales all the time!  Who didn't cash in on that Earth Day 50% sale!  What a steal!  I now have over 50 Zoyas, as in I can't buy anymore of their old ones, there is literally nothing else I want from their old lines.  Wow.


Above is Nyx in 2 coats with 2 coats of top coat, which is how I prefer it.

More pictures after the jump!





Above is Nyx in 2 coats without top coat.

The very first photo has top coat, and I actually like it better that way.  I only had to add two coats of top coat to really get most of it smooth, a third would have done well to really make sure all of it was not bumpy.  I love the glitter and the color of the Zoya PixieDust polishes, but I just don't understand why anyone would want to sit around and wait for polish to dry and then to have their nails feel like snakeskin.  Ewww.  It was just gross to touch my hands together and feel the gross snakeskin feel, like it was novel for about an hour, then it just felt like my nails had a disease.

Honestly, the PixieDust is just like putting on really gritty glitter polish, which is not unusual for me since I own some gritty polishes that could be "texture" polishes.  I don't wear them without top coat and I wouldn't wear these without top coat.  Nyx did not eat top coat like some of the other glitter or texture polishes I have heard of, it only took 2 coats of top coat to get most of it covered, which is great I think.   The OPI Mariah Carey one I tried would have taken more than 2 coats, it ate those 2 coats and wanted much more.  I think the PixieDust ones are the best ones I have tried and that I have seen pictures of.  I have tried the OPI Mariah Carey ones, and they are just too glittery and in your face.  I want to try the OPI Bond Girls ones, those look much more like the PixieDust ones, a bit more subtle with the colors and the glitter, but hopefully the top coat will not be eaten as quickly.

Overall, if you want to try the texture polishes, but you aren't sure if you will like it, get the Zoya PixieDust ones.  Lots of bloggers are saying they prefer these ones the best out of the texture polishes.  They are easier to put top coat on to get rid of the gritty feel in case you don't like them, and they just came out with summer colors, so there is a whole range of colors to choose from now.  There are also the JulieG and Milani texture polishes out now at drugstores if you want a cheap and convenient way to try the texture look.  JulieG is a bit more glittery like these and the OPI ones, and the Milani ones are more sand and concrete looking like the China Glaze ones.

Puppies!  This is Kairi at a young age on the right saying hi to my parents' dog Jeep.  He is a Daschund Terrier mix.




No comments:

Post a Comment