Sunday, December 30, 2012

OPI Skyfall Collection - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I got presents!  And what are the best presents?  Nail polish!  Thank you gift-givers!

I got 3 polishes from the OPI Skyfall collection, and today I would like to show you OPI On Her Majesty's Secret Service (OHMSS).  I have heard this is a dupe for Zoya's Fei Fei, and I actually recently bought Fei Fei in their flash promo sale, so hopefully I will do a swatch comparison soon for you.

OHMSS (long name, right?) looks much darker in the bottle than on the nail.  OHMSS has a great array of glitters, almost rainbow if you look closely at the pictures, I left one extra large for you to see.

OPI Skyfall Collection 2012

More pictures after the jump!

You see what I mean?  It has a "James Bond's gun" - metal grey base, but lots of glitter colors within, possibly some of them duochrome.  I am not sure how other bloggers tell in this instance if they are duochrome or not when there are so many colors in it to begin with.


I used two coats, and they were really easy to apply, partly because it has glitter to cover up any bald patches nicely, and because the glitter did not clump up or make the polish extra thick.  I also had very little cleanup to do, which means it didn't run or pool anywhere.


Here is one with lots of flash.

Anyway, hope you like it, I sure do!  It is a dark polish, but it has lots of sparkle to lighten it up outside the bottle!  I am quite impressed with this one, as I am not a diehard OPI fan anymore.  I have tried some of their non-pink and non-red creams and they are just too sheer to bother with 4 coats.  I say "non-pink" as I have a feeling their better formulas are with the classic red and pink colors still, as they were when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment